Cheryl L. Grieb
Olde Kissimmee Realty, Inc.
Ms. Grieb currently serves as the Osceola County Commissioner for District 4.
Concurrently since 2000, she has been the Owner/Manager of Olde Kissimmee Investments, Inc., specializing in commercial and residential real estate construction, renovations and investments including: site selection; negotiating purchases; arranging for financing; hiring architects, contractors, engineers, surveyors, inspectors and other professionals; directing design process; handling City or County Design Review Committee and Public Advisory Board meetings for conditional use permits, zoning changes and map amendments; managing construction budget; overseeing construction; marketing properties for lease; negotiating leases; managing property; and maintaining accounts payable, accounts receivable and corporate records.
Ms. Grieb has been the Owner/Real Estate and Mortgage Broker for Olde Kissimmee Realty, Inc. since 1997. As such, she has directed and supervised all activities of a real estate company specializing in residential and commercial sales and leasing including: training and managing staff and sales agents; ensuring compliance with FREC rules and regulations; designing and assembling marketing pieces for commercial and residential listings; handling sales and leasing transactions; coordinating closings; ensuring time constraints met; producing reports to track active, pending and sold listings; tracking files; maintaining company financial records and reports, including bank reconciliations. In this position she has had to attend City or County Design Review Committee and Public Advisory Board meetings for commercial and residential clients to assist with conditional use permits, zoning changes and map amendments and had to work with architects, engineers, surveyors, contractors, inspectors and other professionals to determine feasibility of commercial and residential property.
From 1986 through March 2001, she was the Owner/Broker for Pioneer Realty of Poinciana directing and managing residential sales and property management in Poinciana, the largest subdivision in the State of Florida. Until selling the business in 2001, Pioneer managed over 280 long-term property management homes; dominated the Poinciana market with over 300 lot sales during the year of 2000; and maintained over 40% of the housing market; trained and managed staff and sales agents; ensured compliance with FREC rules and regulations, designed and assembled marketing pieces for residential listings, handled sales and leasing transactions. Her responsibilities included directing weekly sales meetings, training new agents and producing sales reports in addition to coordinating closings; ensured deadlines met; oversaw property management division by procuring new management contracts, screening prospective tenants, handling work orders for management properties and coordinating with legal counsel in eviction processes or other legal matters; and maintained company financial records and reports.
Licenses, Designations and Education:
- Florida Real Estate Broker License.
- Florida Mortgage Broker License.
- Graduate REALTOR Institute (GRI) designation recipient.
- Certified Commercial Investment Manager (CCIM): Completed all 4 modules toward designation consisting of: CI 101 Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate- Perform financial analysis; CI 102 Market Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate- Conduct location and site feasibility analysis. Collect and use market data. Use Internet as a resource for gathering data. Depict market data through various mapping software and geographic information systems. Interpret data using statistics and other sources of information. Conduct feasibility tests using specifically designed CCIM Excel-based programs. Evaluate and forecast economic activity and population growth. Determine how market dynamics affect supply and demand. Project and interpret market trends. Conduct an aggregate gap analysis for industrial and office property types; CCIM 103 User Decision Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate- Examine benefits of buying vs. building; and CCIM 104 Investment Analysis.
- Continuing Real Estate Education- three hours of Core Law every 2 years for real estate broker license and ethics training every 4 years to maintain REALTOR status.
- Kissimmee School of Government- graduate of the Class of 2000.
- Computer Skills- Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, MLXchange, Print Artist and PowerPoint.
- Valencia Community College- Taken courses towards a degree in Business Administration.
- University of Florida- coursework in Architecture and Design.
- Kaplan University- Currently enrolled to complete Bachelor’s in Business Administration.
- Florida Contractor’s license- Passed the State exam 2006.
- Leadership Osceola- 2006 Graduate.
Professional Activities/Memberships/ Honors and Community Involvement:
- 2011 Voice for Equality recipient
- 2011 Member of the Local Taxation Subcommittee for the Florida REALTORS
- 2011 Vice-Chair of the Osceola County Tourist Development Council
- 2011 Vic-Chair of the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- 2011 Legislative Committee member for the Florida REALTORS
- 2008 Member of Community Vision
- 2008 Director of the Osceola County Association of Realtors
- 2007 Member of Local Issues Committee for the Osceola County Association of Realtors dealing with affordable housing and other local issue
- 2006 recipient of the “Community Award of the Year” from the Osceola County Association of Realtors
- 2006 Downtown Area Council Chamber of Commerce Chairperson and current member
- 2006 Affordable Housing Incentive Strategies Ad-Hoc Committee Member
- 2005-2006 Member of the Hwy 192 Redevelopment task force for the City of Kissimmee
- 2005 Smart Growth Chairperson for the Florida Association of REALTORS and current member
- 2006 Vice-Chairperson of Angling against Cancer that benefits The V Foundation for cancer research
- 2004-2005 Trustee Committee Chairperson for the Osceola County Association of REALTORS
- 2005 appointed member of the Tax Work Group for the Florida Association of REALTORS
- 2005-2006 Board Member of the Community Redevelopment Agency for the City of Kissimmee
- Osceola County Association of REALTORS (OSCAR)- Member and approved Instructor for brokers and associates of OSCAR teaching orientation, ethics and other topics
- Kissimmee Preservation Board, Member 2000-2004
- 2003 Florida Association of REALTORS (FAR) District Vice-President for Osceola, Orange and Seminole Counties
- Florida Association of Realtors Humanitarian of the Year 2002, Nominee
- National Association of REALTORS Good Neighbor Award for 2002, Nominee
- President of the Osceola County Association of REALTORS, 2000-2001
- 2001 REALTOR of the Year for Osceola County
- 2000 and 2001 Nominee for the Osceola County Small Business of the Year, Olde Kissimmee Realty, Inc.
- 2000 Finalist for the Osceola County Small Business of the Year, Pioneer Realty of Poinciana
- Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County, Inc., Co-founder and Past President
- City of Kissimmee Citizen Lobbyist-obtained two grants for local City projects at the state level
- Florida Trust for Historic Preservation, Member
- “Save the Historic Osceola High School Task Force”- Appointed Leader by Board of Osceola County Commissioners 2000-2005
- Downtown Beautification Award from the Downtown Kissimmee Area Council of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce for renovation of historic Kissimmee commercial building, 2001 Recipient and 2005 Recipient
- HOME (Helping Others Make an Effort) Program Land Acquisition Task Force, Member
- Osceola County Parks and Recreation Committee, Member 1991-1999